Business Development Specialist
Partial telecommute is an option for the right candidate
The Business Developer Specialist plays a key role in our organization, working with or CEO to develop our customer acquisition strategy, and executing on that strategy in order to generate predictable growth.
You’re a passionate relationship developer, connector and communicator, and are highly networked. You thrive on networking, building value and connecting dots. You thrive on listening, and building trust with prospects naturally during every personal interaction. You need to care about the intricate dynamics of selling without pitching to ideal prospects. You thrive on the sales process, and implementing ways to improve the sales funnel and conversion.
You are a natural born persuader, and are highly networked.
Riverbed Marketing is an inbound marketing agency, founded and fueled by passionate people who believe in solving problems in digital marketing for our clients. We work in a small range of specific verticals including medical tech, manufacturing, ecommerce, real estate and professional services. We are a virtual, remote company, meaning you can work from any environment you would like.
We offer a comprehensive extended medical package with partial coverage of prescription drugs, dental, AD&D insurance and preferred vision services.
If you’ve read all this and enjoy building value through communication, working hard and playing hard, and working in a more flexible environment, we encourage you to apply for this role.
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail.
No phone calls please.
Here’s the nitty-gritty:
- Build and own the company’s sales strategy
- Define the sales pipeline necessary to meet company growth goals and revenue
- Target ideal prospects using a variety of outbound prospecting techniques
- Identify quality prospects and pass on sales qualified opportunities to the sales team
- Conduct high volume prospecting via multiple channels to generate qualified leads
- Work closely and collaborate with Sales and Marketing to develop and implement
integrated prospecting strategies and plans
- Continuously research, implement, test and monitor business development best practices
Required Skills and Experience
- 12+ months experience prospecting customers over the phone and via email
- Ability to manage a nurture a wide range of leads
- Ability to build leads and the necessary sales pipeline by using traditional
- Demonstrated experience social selling in a B2B context
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of contemporary grammar usage
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- The ability to thoroughly explore and understand prospects’ needs and
opportunities, and address their objections
- Lots of energy, passion and enthusiasm
- Master of technology to leverage and scale efficiency in your role
Commensurate with experience.