Digital PR & Outreach Specialist
- Telecommute is an option for the right candidate
The Digital PR & Outreach Specialist plays a key role in building content marketing strategies to promote client content, build and nurture relationships with publishers, and effectively build quality authority links for clients
*Note – extensive training will be provided for this role
You’re a passionate relationship developer, connector and communicator, and are highly networked. You thrive on building and sharing content ideas in all forms and generating high value.
You care about the intricate dynamics of promoting great ideas in content to ideal prospects. You thrive on the process, and implementing ways to improve the funnel and conversion. You are creative and strategic in approach; and efficient and process-driven at the tactical level. You thrive on problem solving, efficiency and technology.
You are a natural born relationship builder and connector.
Riverbed Marketing is an inbound marketing agency, founded and fueled by passionate people who believe in solving problems in digital marketing for our clients. We work in a small range of specific verticals including medical tech, manufacturing, eCommerce, real estate and professional services.
We are a virtual, remote company, meaning you can work from any environment you would like.
We offer a comprehensive extended medical package with partial coverage of prescription drugs, dental, AD&D insurance and preferred vision services.
If you’ve read all this and enjoy the thrill of the chase, building value through communication, outreach and relationship building, working hard and playing hard, and working in a more flexible environment, we encourage you to apply for this role.
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail.
No phone calls please.
Here’s the nitty-gritty:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with our content strategist / writer to plan and pitch high quality content ideas to ideal prospects for our clients
- Negotiate publishing details & criteria with third party websites
- Manage large scale email campaigns, meeting a minimum quota of outbound emails to achieve the campaign goals
- Daily management and monitoring for responses on campaign email
- Negotiate opportunities with responding contacts and build rapport and relationships to serve campaign goals
- Engage in high level link prospecting, identifying website opportunities through which to gain high value links including guest blogging, writer contribution, industry contribution, portals and associations
- Manage and maintain business citations for all clients
- Work with our IMCs and Senior Inbound Team Leader to maximize the SEO value of current content efforts as it relates to attracting natural inbound links
- Use industry-leading link analysis tools to identify client link needs
- Use industry-leading link analysis tools to collect and monitor competitive link data
- Build a comprehensive link building strategy for each client, balancing client resources / assets, campaign assets
- Analyze client links and competitor profiles in order to inform, refine and develop link building strategies across the assigned portfolio of clients
- Utilize a wide range of link building techniques in addition to content marketing including broken link techniques and link reclamation
- Target key influencers and communities using advanced prospecting techniques
- Conduct high volume prospecting via multiple channels to identify influencers and communities; building rapport and relationships, and pitch value
- Continuously research, implement, test and monitor outreach and relationship building best practices
- Utilize advanced industry tools (BuzzSumo, Pitchbox, FollowerWonk) to effectively accelerate outreach and relationship building efforts.
- Maintain an active database of relationships in our CRM system in order to scale and reuse opportunities for multiple clients
- Contribute monthly to the company blog
Skills and Qualifications
- 12+ months experience prospecting customers via email, phone or social media
- 1 year of experience in SEO campaigns
- Ability to manage a nurture and maintain a large database of relationships for each client and company
- Ability to effectively prospect influencers and communities using advanced industry tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, negotiation and sales skills an asset
- In-depth knowledge of contemporary grammar usage
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- The ability to thoroughly explore and understand prospects’ needs and opportunities, and address their objections
- Lots of energy, passion and enthusiasm
- Master of technology to leverage and scale efficiency in your role
- Experience in a wide range of online tools, including the office suite of tools
- Experience in CRM and CMS systems
Commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Please start by sending over a cover letter, CV in PDF format, and two relevant writing samples ATTN: Riverbed Marketing Careers, to firstname.lastname@example.org